About the Role
As Travel and Events Coordinator, you will sit within the Operations division and work closely with our Operations Manager to review our existing travel processes and build upon these to meet the needs of the growing global company. You will have the opportunity to make valuable contributions to our company-wide travel strategy and improve the efficiency of our current system. You will be responsible for the successful organisation of all international and national travel at the company, empowering colleagues to feel in control of their travels whilst reducing the administrative burden. You will strive for excellence and be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and high-quality work, with the aim of ensuring that all work trips run smoothly.
You will also be responsible for supporting the organisation of company events such as celebrations, social events and internal recruitment events as well as our attendance at scientific congresses and exhibitions. You will work with the event organiser to ensure seamless execution of the event through excellent project management, efficient communication, meticulous planning and attention to detail, and creative problem solving. You will take the lead in recording and sharing key learnings to ensure we are always improving and innovating.
In addition to this, you can expect to support the wider Operations division with ad hoc tasks from time to time. You will contribute to the overall success of the division through your commitment to our company values and support of the Operations division’s strategic objectives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Operations Manager with researching, comparing and implementing a new and improved travel management system to support global company travel and managing this going forwards to ensure the system is constantly evolving to support our continued travel needs and supports our commitment towards using more sustainable ways of travel
- Overseeing all international and national travel at the company, including conducting research, purchasing tickets and preparing travel documentation such as visas, boarding passes and itineraries to ensure a smooth travel experience
- Working closely with our Personal Assistants to support travel arrangements for the Senior Management Team
- Working closely with the Finance team to monitor currency card usage
- Working closely with the Facilities and IT team to monitor all travel equipment such as laptops, mobile phones and other office-ware
- Reviewing and appraising our travel and events suppliers to ensure we are getting best value for money and that services and products are meeting our requirements and expected standards
- Project managing logistical elements for our attendance at scientific congresses in close collaboration with the Congress Lead. This can include completing registrations, arranging all travel elements, liaising with the congress organisers on exhibition facilities, coordinating and attending internal meetings with the Congress Lead and Design team and creating delegate handbooks
- Assisting with the organisation of internal events such as company celebrations, social events, recruitment events and client visits. This can include meeting room and/or venue booking, managing registrations, liaising with our Facilities team to arrange access cards for our offices, parking spaces and food and beverage
- Maintaining all relevant trackers and accurately recording information relating to travel and events
- Assisting with any queries relating to travel and events, using your initiative to resolve any issues and communicating these with all relevant people
- Building and maintaining good relationships with reliable service providers and suppliers to ensure positive interactions and excellent customer service
- Assisting with forecasting the annual budget for travel and events
- Other ad-hoc tasks and projects in support of the Operations team and wider company
This role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about working for a rapidly growing, global company and who is motivated by managing a varied and demanding workload with the opportunity for quick progression. The ideal candidate will be passionate about reducing the administrative burden faced by our Senior Management Team.
You should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges, demonstrating a friendly, positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
Requirements for the role are:
- At least 1 year of experience in arranging national and international travel for a company. Experience with arranging and organising events is desirable but not essential
- Strong organisational skills including the ability to plan and prioritise your own time and communicate this to others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
- Excellent levels of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Exceptional attention to detail and high professional standards
What we Offer
We offer a starting salary of £23,000 to £25,000 depending on your previous experience. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and again on promotion, which can be achieved in as little as 12-18 months. Please click here to learn more about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.