We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2022, including January, April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that our new recruit will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge.
About the Role
Costello Medical is experiencing an exciting period of sustained and rapid growth, with large cohorts of new employees joining across all our global locations. Our high-quality induction programme has been running successfully for many years and in 2021 we welcomed over 150 new colleagues; as the company continues to grow, it is becoming increasingly important to scale up our training practices and processes in line with the company’s ongoing expansion.
We are therefore seeking a Training Administrator who will play an instrumental role in carrying out administrative and organisational tasks to support both the company’s new starter induction programme and wider internal training programmes including promotion, compliance, operational training and more. In this role, you will actively seek ways to improve training processes and implement such changes. You will value the opportunity to support colleagues at all stages of their careers at Costello Medical and will be committed to delivering a high-quality learning experience.
When supporting with our new starter induction programme, your responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling induction sessions for new starters across all global teams, with cohort sizes that can exceed 40 new joiners
- Maintaining and updating induction materials to ensure they remain accurate and relevant as changes to the programme and process are made
- Creating tailored induction welcome packs for new starters, in collaboration with line managers
- Acting as a key contact for the induction programme, including managing the induction inbox and responding to queries from global colleagues
- Coordinating with induction session leads to ensure that training sessions remain accurate and relevant for new joiners
- Proactively suggesting ways to improve the current induction process. This will include ensuring that it is scalable as the company continues to expand
Other responsibilities to support with company-wide training will include:
- Supporting the implementation of a new Learning Management System (LMS) and subsequently administering the LMS
- Undertaking research tasks for external and internal training courses
- Coordinating, booking and recording key milestones for external training courses and logging this information within our HR system
- Carrying out administration for any external client-required and compliance training, and supporting scientific managers in ensuring project teams fulfil any client-specified training obligations
- Organising and, on occasion, delivering quarterly training sessions for probation passers
- Reviewing performance review data to identify key trends relating to training needs
- Proactively suggesting ways to improve current training processes with a key focus on high-quality, the effective targeting of training to specific staff groups and optimising efficiency
This role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about working for a rapidly growing, global company and who is motivated by managing a varied workload. As the first colleague formally dedicated to our training function, you should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges, demonstrating a friendly, positive and “can-do” attitude.
There is a large scope for career development in this role as we formalise our training function further. Therefore, this role would suit someone who is highly motivated and excited about the prospect of development.
Essential requirements include:
- A desire to understand the new starter perspective and dedication to providing excellent customer service to ensure a smooth new starter experience
- The initiative, positivity and creativity required to continually improve processes
- Exceptional organisational skills to accurately handle and coordinate all training activities, including the ability to plan your own time and to communicate this to others
- Exceptional communication and customer service both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- An excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing priorities or deadlines
- A high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism
- Ability and initiative to research topics related to training and independently and propose solutions or developments that would benefit the company
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Experience with an LMS would be desirable
Experience in a related role is desirable, however we also welcome applications from candidates looking to start their career in this field.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £22,000 to £25,000 depending on prior experience. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and again on promotion. Please click here to learn more about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.