Are you an experienced Statistician with a passion for providing high quality statistical and analytical expertise? Do you enjoy building and maintaining successful client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects?
Statistics at Costello Medical
Our Statistics team is growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Statistician to join our friendly and collaborative team. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of Costello Medical’s Statistics team and service offering.
Our Statistics team provide statistical and analytical expertise across Costello Medical, devising statistical analysis plans and performing data analysis within Excel, R, SAS and WinBUGS. They are also responsible for communicating the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats to drug and device manufacturers, doctors and reimbursement agencies such as NICE in the UK. The statistical analysis varies across patient-level clinical trial data, observational study data, real-world data and published aggregate data, and involves a range of techniques such as basic statistical analysis of individual patient data, regression analysis, survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis using both standard and emerging methods.
About the Role
The Senior Statistician will lead statistics projects, working very closely with the Consultant or Division Head managing the project, as well as colleagues from all specialities, to ensure that statistics projects are delivered to an exceptionally high standard, on time and in line with client expectations. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervising the project team and regular interaction with external stakeholders by teleconference, email and in person. The Senior Statistician will also be central to the quality control of the project, involving the review of colleagues’ work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships, winning new clients and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients within projects.
Our team typically work on several projects at one time and the results of each analysis can feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas.
Some client meetings and congresses take place outside the UK, which presents opportunities for overseas travel.
We are currently recruiting for start dates across 2020.
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be highly advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in industry, with experience and/or knowledge of clinical trials or processes
- Technical and strategic knowledge sufficient to provide clients with recommendations on project scope and approach
- The technical and mathematical ability, coupled with exceptional written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts, and to teach and mentor others in the Statistics team
- An excellent understanding of and extensive experience in the R programming language, and the willingness and ability to rapidly develop your programming skills
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software or techniques that may suit specific projects
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of accuracy in technical and written work, along with the ability to maintain exceptional customer service and the quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Project management skills sufficient to enable timely project delivery, the ability to manage timelines across multiple projects at once and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Experience in communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
In line with our company mission, you will be somebody who thrives on the challenges that the healthcare industry presents and relishes the opportunity to improve patient outcomes globally. You will also be highly organised and willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
- Experience with SAS, or other programming languages used for data analysis
- Awareness of data standards for clinical research and statistical analysis (e.g. CDISC, SDTM, ADaM, ICH Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials)
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary for this role, depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.