We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021, including July and September. Additional start dates may also available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form.
About the Role
Do you have experience of successfully conceptualising, developing and communicating health economic models that demonstrate the value of new healthcare interventions? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? Costello Medical are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for candidates with prior industry experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical, medical devices or consulting company.
As a Senior Health Economist, you will play a key role within project teams, supporting a Project Manager to ensure work is delivered to an exceptionally high quality and in line with client expectations. This includes providing strategic advice to clients from model conceptualisation through to building of the model and interpretation of the results. Senior Health Economists are central to the quality control of the project as well as the successful mentoring and career development of the colleagues with whom they work. Technical review of work and training of Health Economists through the provision of constructive feedback are important parts of the role. In addition to helping define our project approach and reviewing work of colleagues, the ideal candidate will also be expected to deliver technical work themselves; they will therefore have the opportunity to continue to progress their own technical modelling skills.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients within projects. There will also be opportunities to line manage and mentor our Health Economist Interns.
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a strong and demonstrable background in the HEOR sector. You will take pride in producing exceptionally high-quality work and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible. You will be someone who has a genuine desire to play an active role in the development of our growing team.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects. You will be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
- A degree level or higher qualification in a relevant discipline (minimum 2.1). Relevant disciplines are those that demonstrate a high level of technical and mathematical ability, such as mathematics, economics, physics or computer science. Formal degree-level or higher (i.e. postgraduate) training in statistics or modelling is desirable, though not required
- Experience of having applied economic and mathematical modelling techniques in an industry setting, ideally within a pharmaceutical, medical devices or consulting company
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a health economics role
- Advanced skills in Excel and VBA are required. Experience with other software (such as R, C++, SAS) is desirable but are not required. A willingness to learn new technical and programming skills is important for the role
- Prior experience of having mentored others in any setting is desirable but is not essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to explain complex modelling techniques and results to non-experts
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
What We Offer
We are proud of our position on The Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For list for four consecutive years, awarded because of the friendly and supportive environment that we generate for employees and the opportunities offered for quick progression and increased responsibility. We provide full funding for a range of substantial postgraduate qualifications with paid study leave, exceptional internal training, opportunities to work on pro bono and charitable projects, and regular company-funded social activities.
In addition, we provide an excellent benefits package including discretionary cash bonuses typically paid twice a year, 25 days of annual leave on top of bank and public holidays, pension contributions, a flexible benefits scheme, group risk benefits (including life assurance and critical illness cover), premium travel insurance and, in the majority of cases, full funding, study leave and travel expenses to complete a variety of external training courses.
Senior Health Economists will receive both internal and external training tailored to their needs, whether on technical aspects of the role or on effective project management and client communication. You will be presented with opportunities for development and tailored progression dependent on your prior experience and performance.
You will be joining a thriving and growing team of ambitious and talented individuals as they enter an exciting new phase of growth. This will provide you with the opportunity to play an important role in ensuring our continued reputation for quality and positively impact the future development of the team.
We offer a competitive starting salary dependent on your experience. Please click here to learn more about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.