About the Role
Are you an experienced Biostatistician with a passion for providing high quality statistical and analytical expertise? Do you enjoy building and maintaining successful client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? Our Statistics team is growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Biostatistician to join our friendly and collaborative team. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of Costello Medical’s Statistics team and service offering.
The Senior Biostatistician will lead statistics projects, working very closely with the Consultant or Division Head managing the project to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high standard, on time and in line with client expectations. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervising the project team and regular interaction with clients. The Senior Biostatistician will also be central to the quality control of the project, involving the review of colleague’s work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships, winning new clients and identifying opportunities to provide additional services within projects.
Statistics at Costello Medical
Our Statistics team devise statistical analysis plans and perform data analysis within Excel, SAS, R and WinBUGS. They are also responsible for communicating the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats to drug and device manufacturers, doctors and reimbursement agencies such as NICE in the UK. The statistical analysis will vary across patient-level clinical trial data, observational study data, real-world data and published aggregate data, and will involve a range of techniques such as basic statistical analysis of individual patient data, regression analysis, survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis using both standard and emerging techniques. Our team typically work on several projects at one time and the results of the analysis can feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas. Full details of our statistics services can be found here.
The Senior Biostatistician will also regularly interact with clients by teleconference, email and in person. Some client meetings and congresses take place outside the UK, which presents opportunities for overseas travel.
We are currently recruiting for start dates in either April or July 2019.
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be highly advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in industry, with experience and/or knowledge of clinical trials or processes
- An excellent understanding of and extensive experience in the SAS and R programming languages, in addition to a willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software
- Ability to effectively communicate with the client and build robust and sustainable client relationships
- The technical and mathematical ability, coupled with exceptional written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts and to teach and mentor others in the Statistics team
- Technical and strategic knowledge sufficient to provide clients with recommendations on project scope and approach
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is necessary, along with the ability to maintain a high level of customer service and the scientific quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands. You should possess the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines and you will be highly organised, demonstrating the ability to manage timelines across multiple projects at once
- Ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
In line with our company mission, you will be somebody who thrives on the challenges that the healthcare industry presents and relishes the opportunity to improve patient outcomes globally. You will also be highly organised and willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary dependent on your experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.