Opportunities for Senior Analysts/Senior Medical Writers
Do you have experience of successfully delivering medical communications projects? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? Costello Medical are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for candidates with prior experience in medical communications who enjoy content delivery and project and client management to join us as Senior Analysts/Senior Medical Writers.
Senior Analysts/Senior Medical Writers take a leading role across projects either within an assigned division, or in a cross-divisional capacity. They work alongside the project team to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high-standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervision of the project team and regular interaction with clients. Senior Analysts/Senior Medical Writers are central to the quality control of the project, involving the review of colleague’s work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients within projects.
Costello Medical is structured into divisional teams focusing on distinct medical communications and health economics services or serving a specific sector within the healthcare industry. These are:
- Medical Affairs – advisory boards, medical information materials, congress support, medical education events and materials
- Market Access – evidence-based value messaging, value dossiers and materials, lifecyle communication planning, market access workshops
- Publications – strategic publication planning, poster design and production, manuscript and abstract development
- Evidence Development – systematic literature reviews, rapid and pragmatic literature reviews, strategic evidence searches
- Health Technology Assessment – HTA submissions, economic publications, global HTA dossiers, HTA strategy support
- Rare Diseases and MedTech are specialist teams who take a multi-disciplinary approach to solving unique challenges faced by the rare diseases and MedTech industries
Full details of the services we offer can be found here.
We would welcome applications from those who already have experience delivering projects in any of these areas, but we are seeking those who are flexible and willing to contribute to a wide variety of projects. You will be expected to work across different accounts spanning multiple disease areas and therefore should be able to familiarise yourself with new areas quickly.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong and demonstrable background in the medical communications sector. You will take pride in producing exceptionally high-quality work and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects. You will be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a medical communications role
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of written accuracy
- Excellent proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- Strong scientific writing skills, and the ability to tailor writing style to different audiences
- Project management skills sufficient to enable timely project delivery
- Excellent data presentation skills, including the ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word effectively and efficiently, to produce a professional, high standard of work
- Technical and strategic knowledge sufficient to provide clients with recommendations on project content and approach
- Capacity to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands. Experience in communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships
- Ability to motivate colleagues and take a leadership role in the delivery of project components
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary dependent on your experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.