About the Role
Do you have experience of successfully delivering medical communications projects? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? Costello Medical are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for candidates with prior experience in medical communications who enjoy content delivery and project and client management to join us as Senior Analysts or Senior Medical Writers.
Senior Analysts and Senior Medical Writers take a leading role across projects and work alongside the project team to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high-standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervision of the project team and regular interaction with clients. Senior Analysts and Senior Medical Writers are central to the quality control of the project, involving the review of colleague’s work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients within projects.
We would welcome applications from those who already have experience delivering projects in any of these areas, but we are seeking those who are flexible and willing to contribute to a wide variety of projects. You will be expected to work across different accounts spanning multiple disease areas and therefore should be able to familiarize yourself with new areas quickly.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong and demonstrable background in the medical communications sector. You will take pride in producing exceptionally high-quality work and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalize on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects. You will also be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum GPA 3.3). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- At least 2 years’ professional experience in a medical communications role
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of written accuracy
- Excellent proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- Strong scientific writing skills, and the ability to tailor writing style to different audiences
- Project management skills sufficient to enable timely project delivery
- Excellent data presentation skills, including the ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word effectively and efficiently, to produce a professional, high standard of work
- Sufficient technical and strategic knowledge to provide clients with recommendations on project content and approach
- Capacity to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands. Experience in communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships
- Ability to motivate colleagues and take a leadership role in the delivery of project components
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary dependent on your experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.