We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout the remainder of 2021 and throughout 2022, including January, April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London and Manchester offices.
We are primarily recruiting for this role as a full-time position, however, candidates seeking a part-time role of no less than 30-hours per week can also be considered.
About the Role
Have you successfully delivered HEOR projects? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? Costello Medical are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and therefore have excellent opportunities for candidates with prior industry experience, ideally within a pharmaceutical, medical devices or medical consulting company, to play an important role in ensuring our continued reputation for quality and positively impacting the future development of our team.
Senior Analysts take a leading role across projects. You will work alongside the project team to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves providing strategic advice to clients at project initiation, supervision of the project team and regular interaction with clients. Senior Analysts are central to the quality control of the project, involving the review of colleague’s work and the provision of constructive feedback.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to clients.
The HTA division at Costello Medical deliver HTA submissions, HTA feasibility assessments and global value dossiers for our broad range of clients from pharmaceutical, medical devices companies and public sector and non-profit organisations. You will work closely with our clients to develop the HTA strategy for each project from the outset and will use your excellent written communication skills and scientific understanding to create clear, evidence-based, and strategic narratives to help demonstrate the cost-effectiveness of new therapies to the healthcare system. You will be expected to work across different accounts spanning multiple disease areas and therefore should be able to familiarise yourself with new areas quickly. You will also have the opportunity to experience the broader range of services offered by other teams at Costello Medical.
Senior Analysts are supported to progress to the Consultant role, and this can typically be achieved in one to two years. As a Consultant, you would have full responsibility for client management, including budgeting and business development, and project delivery. In addition, you would line manage team members and have internal responsibilities spanning areas such as recruitment and training.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong and demonstrable background in the HEOR sector. You will take pride in producing exceptionally high-quality work and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible. You will enjoy using your experience to train and mentor others and will be skilled at delivering effective feedback to support your colleague’s professional development.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects. You will be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
This role is suited to those who have professional experience, of typically no less than two years. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following experience:
- Delivery of HEOR projects, including HTA submissions, global value dossiers or health economic modelling projects
- Communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles
- Day-to-day leadership of project teams, including delegating tasks and managing the time of others
In addition, you will be required to demonstrate:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- Exceptional attention to detail and high degree of written accuracy
- Excellent proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- Strong scientific writing skills, and the ability to tailor writing style to different audiences
- Project management skills sufficient to enable timely project delivery
- Excellent data presentation skills, including the ability to use Excel, PowerPoint and Word effectively and efficiently, to produce a professional, high standard of work
- Technical and strategic knowledge sufficient to provide clients with recommendations on project content and approach
- Capacity to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands.
- Ability to motivate colleagues and take a leadership role in the delivery of project components
- Genuine interest in shaping the future direction of the team and company through commitment to and enthusiasm for internal responsibilities
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £42,000 – £46,000 depending on your previous experience. Discretionary cash bonuses are also considered twice a year. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.