We are recruiting for start dates throughout 2021. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London and Manchester offices.
About the Role
Have you successfully coordinated and managed publications and/or medical communications accounts? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? We are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for candidates with prior experience in medical communications, who enjoy client account management, to join us.
Senior Account Coordinators within our Publications division independently coordinate client accounts within the team. You will work alongside the project team to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves project management, liaising with the project team, regularly interacting with clients to provide updates on project delivery and ensuring that publications are delivered compliantly.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to your client accounts.
The Publications division at Costello Medical deliver strategic publication planning, manuscript and abstract development, and poster design and production for our broad range of global and regional clients from pharmaceutical and medical device companies to public sector and non-profit clients. You will be expected to work across different client accounts spanning multiple disease areas and should therefore be able to familiarise yourself with new areas and client processes quickly.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a strong and demonstrable background in the medical communications sector. You will take pride in supporting the Publications division to deliver exceptionally high-quality publications for your client accounts and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible. You will enjoy using your experience to train and mentor others and will be skilled at delivering effective feedback to support your colleague’s professional development.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects within large client accounts. You will be willing to step up and support your colleagues as needed.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a medical communications account management role, preferably publications
- A degree level or equivalent qualification in a scientific discipline (2.1 minimum) including but not limited to biology, chemistry, pharmacy and medicine
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Experience in communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to plan individually and for others to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to review work and provide constructive feedback, and a commitment to supporting the development of others
- The ability to effectively enhance the welfare of those you supervise to ensure their job satisfaction
- A genuine interest in shaping the future direction of the Publications division, their client accounts and the wider company
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Datavision and/or other publications-related platforms, with the ability to train and advise others
- Excellent proficiency in written English and arithmetic
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is between £34,000 and £36,000 depending on your previous experience. Discretionary cash bonuses and promotions are considered twice a year. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
Senior Account Coordinators are supported to progress to the Senior Management Team, and this can typically be achieved in one to two years. On promotion, you would have further responsibility for client and project management, including strategy, budgeting and business development. In addition, you would line manage team members, have internal responsibilities spanning areas such as recruitment and training for the division and take on company-wide responsibilities.