What Our Interns Do
This position is ideal for current students and recent graduates in the sciences seeking to gain an insight into life at a fast-growing consultancy serving pharmaceutical industry clients. You will be presented with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of a variety of medical communications and health economics projects involving the assimilation, interpretation and creative presentation of data from clinical trials. This could involve supporting the development of clinical trial manuscripts, preparing medical education slides, performing systematic searches of medical literature or assimilating clinical and cost-effectiveness evidence to support HTA submissions to ACE. You will typically be working on two to three projects in different disease areas at any one time. Interns receive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role and learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Internships are typically 3 months in length, and we are also pleased to consider applications for longer internships of up to 6 months. The stipend for interns is SGD 2,400 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and passion for scientific writing.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1 or expected 2.1 or GPA equivalent). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of specialisms, including but not limited to; biology, pharmacy and medicine
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese (to work on Chinese language materials and with Chinese clients)
- The ability to communicate scientific material clearly in both written and oral form – some experience in planning and writing scientific documents would be helpful
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Organisational skills and self-motivation
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science