We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout the remainder of 2021 and throughout 2022, including January, April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
We are looking for a Project Coordinator in the Design division to support a wide range of administrative, project management and quality control (QC) tasks. These include copy-editing and design QC checks of all artworked material, print management and shipping, and ensuring all deliverables are of the highest quality. Basic redrawing and artworking for various project components will be required on some occasions. In addition, you will provide administrative support to the team, helping to ensure the successful running of client projects and the wider team.
Copy-editing and quality control tasks will include:
- Consistency review of design materials to ensure that deliverables are ready for delivery to clients
- Supporting with print management and shipping for internal and external congresses and events
- Communicating with a wide range of suppliers to obtain quotes, organise production, and delivery of products
- Basic redrawing and reformatting tasks in Microsoft Office or in the Adobe Creative Suite
Administrative and project management tasks will include:
- Organising and maintaining physical and digital design assets. Examples include general folder management, ensuring the graphics library is kept up-to-date and icons are converted to accessible formats for the scientific teams, inventory tracking, updating of physical and digital material (e.g. posters, iPads), and organising the production of new material
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration with other divisions
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Scheduling and recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Supporting invoicing management for design projects, including the tracking of pass-through costs
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for events and small meeting projects
- Organising team socials and other internal collaboration activities
- Supporting colleagues with compliance requirements, including copyright queries
In addition to supporting the Design division, you will also work with other teams at Costello Medical on ad-hoc tasks, further increasing the variety in the role and your understanding of the different work delivered.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities with an ambition to develop the role. You will receive close training and mentorship from experienced colleagues, so no prior industry experience is required.
Skills and experience required:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification in an arts or scientific discipline (2.1 minimum)
- A flair for design and attention to detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams would be highly desirable
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £24,000. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and again on promotion. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.