We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021, including July and September. Additional start dates may also available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
Project Assistants support our project teams with a wide range of administrative, project coordination and scientific tasks. The role is therefore varied and, in a typical week, your time will be divided across both internal projects that contribute to the successful operation of your division, as well as multiple scientific projects for our clients in the healthcare sector that will span several different disease areas.
You will sit at the heart of the division you join and play a key role in the smooth running of the team’s operation. You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the latest operational and administrative processes within your division, as well as identifying and suggesting process improvements and changes to current ways of working, to enhance quality and efficiency within the division and, where appropriate, the wider company. You will also be the go-to person for divisional resources and will take responsibility for keeping these up-to-date.
Within this role, there is scope to grow and develop towards the roles of Senior Project Coordinator and then Account Support Manager. This would see you taking on increased responsibility for the successful operation of the division and the wider company; this could involve implementing the latest operational, compliance or administrative processes, supporting with the division’s resource planning, budgeting, finance and productivity, or managing elements of certain project types.
Your initial responsibilities will depend on which division you join, but are likely to include:
- Screening records for relevance to research questions and extracting data from relevant publications into Excel
- Writing up the methods and results of reviews into engaging reports and slide sets
- Formatting, consistency and general quality control review of scientific documents, including reimbursement submissions, reports, slidesets, manuscripts, abstracts and posters
- Reformatting of scientific documents to ensure adherence to client requirements and/or relevant submission guidelines
- Supporting the accurate referencing of scientific materials, including preparing reference packs
- Assisting Project Managers with client and author communication on multi-component projects, and the production of progress reports and summaries that enhance the level of customer service delivered
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Coordinating logistics and providing project support for events and meetings
- Ownership of tasks in our project management system to support the correct budgeting and invoicing of projects
- Scheduling meetings, and recording minutes and coordinating their distribution
- Preparation of compliance documentation
- Liaising with external suppliers, including translation agencies
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration between the team and other divisions
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work, and keeping all divisional resources up-to-date
- Organising divisional monthly meetings, team socials and other internal activities
We are currently seeking Project Assistants to join our Evidence Development, HTA, Publications and Rare Diseases teams, further details about which can be found below. If you are unsure which team you would be best suited to, we would still encourage you to apply and this can be explored further during the recruitment process.