About the Role
Project Assistants support our project teams with a wide range of administrative, project coordination and scientific tasks. The role is therefore varied and, in a typical week, your time will be divided across both internal projects that contribute to the successful operation of your division, as well as multiple scientific projects for our clients in the healthcare sector that will span several different disease areas.
You will sit at the heart of the Medical Communications division, in our new US office, and play a key role in the smooth running of the team’s operation. Through the development and delivery of a wide range of project types, including manuscripts, congress publications, educational materials and insight gathering, the Medical Communications team work with clients and world-renowned opinion leaders to produce materials that communicate data to a wide audience, covering a range of therapeutic areas and products. Whilst supporting the delivery of these materials, you will gain an understanding of key industry guidelines and processes to help ensure key stakeholders meet industry standards.
You will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the latest operational and administrative processes within the division, as well as identifying and suggesting process improvements and changes to current ways of working, to enhance quality and efficiency within the division and, where appropriate, the wider company. You will also be the go-to person for divisional resources and will take responsibility for keeping these up-to-date.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the accurate referencing of scientific materials, including preparing reference packs
- Formatting, consistency and general quality control review of scientific documents, including reimbursement submissions, reports, slidesets, manuscripts, abstracts and posters
- Preparation of compliance documentation
- Reformatting of scientific documents to ensure adherence to client requirements and/or relevant submission guidelines
- Client and author communication
- Coordinating logistics and providing project support for events and meetings
- Scheduling meetings, recording minutes and coordinating their distribution
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work, and keeping all divisional resources up-to-date
- Assisting the team with time planning and supporting with the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and aid cross-collaboration between other divisions
- Taking ownership of tasks in our project management system to support the correct budgeting and invoicing of projects
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Liaising with external suppliers, including translation agencies
- Organising divisional monthly meetings, team socials and other internal activities
This role also involves frequent collaboration with other company divisions, including the Design team, across a range of project types. There is scope to grow and develop towards the roles of Senior Project Coordinator and then Account Support Manager. This would see you taking on increased responsibility for the successful operation of the division and the wider company; this could involve implementing the latest operational, compliance or administrative processes, supporting with the division’s resource planning, budgeting, finance and productivity, or managing elements of certain project types.
The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive and has strong organisation and problem-solving skills. Most importantly, you will enjoy making a positive difference and reducing the administrative burden of those you support. This role will suit those who are passionate about the concept of evidence-based medicine, have an excellent attention to detail and a talent for communication.
Skills and experience required:
- We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of educational backgrounds (a degree level or equivalent qualification with a minimum GPA of 3.3); exposure to the life sciences is helpful but not essential
- A flair for, and attention to, detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills and a passion for maintaining high levels of organisation across tasks and processes
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
You will receive close training and mentorship from experienced colleagues, so no prior experience is required.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is $45,000. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.