About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a vibrant, friendly and rapidly growing agency providing medical communication and design services to a wide range of clients, including the world’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Our Design Division works closely with scientific colleagues and external clients across a wide range of projects involving the creative presentation of data, helping to communicate the benefits of pharmaceutical products and medical devices to patient groups and medical professionals.
About the Role
We are looking for a Project Assistant in the Design Division to support a wide-range of administrative, project management and quality control (QC) tasks. These include copy-editing and design QC checks of all artworked material, print management and shipping, and ensuring all deliverables are of the highest quality. Basic redrawing and artworking for various project components will be required on some occasions. In addition, you will provide wide-ranging administrative support to the team helping to ensure the successful running of client projects and the wider team.
Copy-editing and quality control tasks will include:
- Consistency review of design material prepared to ensure that deliverables are ready for delivery to clients.
- Supporting with print management and shipping for internal and external congresses and events
- Communicating with a wide range of suppliers to obtain quotes, organise production, and delivery of products
- Basic redrawing and reformatting tasks in Microsoft Office or in the Adobe Creative Suite
Administrative and project management tasks will include:
- Organising and maintaining physical and digital design assets. Examples include general folder management, ensuring the graphics library is kept up-to-date and icons are converted to accessible formats for the scientific teams, inventory tracking and updating of physical and digital material (e.g. posters, iPads), and organising the production of new material
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration between the team and other divisions
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Scheduling and recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Supporting invoicing management for design projects, including the tracking of pass-through costs
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for events and small meeting projects
- Organising team socials and other internal collaboration activities
- Supporting colleagues with compliance requirements (including copyright queries)
In addition to supporting the Design Division, you will also work with other teams at Costello Medical on ad-hoc tasks, further increasing the variety in the role and your understanding of the different work delivered.
Skills and experience required:
- A degree level (2.1) or equivalent qualification in either an Arts or Scientific subject
- A flair for design and attention to detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is advantageous
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams would be highly desirable
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary of £19,000 – £22,000 depending on your prior experience and qualifications. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.