About the Role
Project Assistants support our project teams with a wide-range of administrative, project co-ordination and scientific tasks. The role is therefore varied, and in a typical week your time will be divided across both internal projects that contribute to the successful operation of the US team, as well as multiple scientific projects for our clients in the healthcare sector that will span several different disease areas.
Project-wide administrative tasks may include collating reference packs, running database searches, purchasing articles, contacting academic authors and setting up project folders and project timelines. You will also have the opportunity to apply your scientific understanding to project work for clients on tasks including screening records for relevance to research questions, proofreading scientific materials and reformatting documents in line with journal submission and/or client guidelines. In addition, you will work closely with Project Managers to play an increasing role in project co-ordination, including supporting the day-to-day coordination of the project team and the preparation of progress reports for clients, and will be expected to identify and suggest process improvements to enhance quality and efficiency of the team.
Initial responsibilities could include:
- Supporting literature reviews by screening records for relevance to research questions, extracting data from relevant publications into Excel, and writing up the methods and results into engaging reports and slidesets
- Formatting, consistency and general quality control review of scientific documents, including reimbursement submissions, reports, slidesets, manuscripts, abstracts and posters
- Reformatting of scientific documents to ensure adherence to client requirements and/or relevant journal submission guidelines
- Supporting the accurate referencing of scientific materials, including preparing reference packs
- Assisting Project Managers with client and author communication on multi-component projects, and the production of progress reports and summaries that enhance the level of customer service delivered
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Coordinating logistics and providing project support for events and meetings
- Ownership of tasks in our project management system to support the correct budgeting and invoicing of projects
- Scheduling meetings, and recording minutes and coordinating their distribution
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration between the team and other divisions
The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive and has strong organisation and problem-solving skills. Most importantly you will enjoy making a positive difference and reducing the administrative burden of those you support. This role will suit those who are passionate about the concept of evidence-based medicine, have an excellent attention to detail, and a talent for communication.
Skills and experience required:
- A degree level or equivalent qualification with a minimum GPA of 3.3 from a diverse range of educational backgrounds; exposure to the life sciences is helpful not essential
- A flair for, and attention to, detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills and a passion for maintaining high levels of organisation across tasks and processes
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
You will receive close training and mentorship from experienced colleagues, so no prior experience is required.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary, based on qualifications and experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.