About the Role
This is an exciting time to join the Costello Medical team as we are growing rapidly both in the UK and internationally. This growth has been driven by our commitment to delivering exceptional levels of customer service and high-quality work. We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic Personal Assistant who embodies these same values and who takes pride in offering the best possible service to those they support.
The role would suit both those with prior experience as a Personal Assistant or a similar administrative role and those looking to start a career in the field. You will receive training, guidance and mentorship from experienced colleagues in the team and will quickly take on increasing responsibility in support of your senior colleagues.
You will support several members of our leadership team and your responsibilities will include:
- Diary management
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting, and filing emails
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics or catering
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external queries and requests
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations and reviewing documents for accuracy
- Supporting wider company projects
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Event scheduling, including researching costs, liaising with venues and booking facilities
- Supporting with the organisation of both domestic and international travel
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the rest of the Operations Team
What Background Should You Have?
You will be hard-working, motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, you will enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support, which will include striving to reduce their administrative burden.
To be a successful Personal Assistant at Costello Medical you will also need:
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritise tasks and workload, and respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- A flair for, and attention to detail
- A strong customer focus and professional verbal and written communication
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add most value for those you support
- A “can do” approach, and the positivity and creativity required to continually improve processes
Some experience as a Personal Assistant or in an administrative role is desirable, though we are also able to accept applications from candidates looking to start their career as a Personal Assistant.
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of £23,000 to £26,000 depending on your previous experience. Salary increases are typically awarded after 6 and 12 months and again on promotion, which can be achieved in as little as 12-18 months. Please click here to learn more about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.