About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a vibrant, rapidly growing healthcare consultancy, located in Cambridge, London and Singapore. We provide medical communication and health economic services to a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies.
We are growing fast and will be opening offices in Manchester (UK), China and the US in 2019. Our development to date has been driven by the ideas and commitment of individuals in the company and all colleagues play a role in the future direction of Costello Medical. We are proud of our company values and aim to offer a fun environment where hard work is rewarded and in which employees can develop and progress within their roles.
About the Role
Are you interested in developing your career in administration? We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to support several members of our senior management team with a range of administrative tasks. The role is therefore varied, and you will gain exposure to different aspects of the company, from business operations to scientific project work and client management.
You will receive training and mentorship from experienced colleagues in the team and will learn about effective project management and how to deliver an excellent service to those you support.
As Team Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Diary management
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for off-site meetings
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting, and filing emails
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external queries and requests
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations and reviewing documents for accuracy
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the rest of the Operations Team
- Running reports on CRM systems
What Background Should You Have?
To be a successful Team Assistant at Costello Medical you will need:
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- A flair for detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A strong customer focus and professional verbal and written communication
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add most value for those you support
While previous relevant administrative experience would be helpful it is not essential, and this role is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start their career as a Team Assistant.
You will be hard working, dynamic and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will prioritise your own workload to ensure that all requests are responded to quickly and efficiently. You should enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support.
An interest in healthcare would be an advantage as you will be exposed to some of the scientific work delivered for clients.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £20,000 to £22,000 depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.