We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2022, including January, April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
The onboarding process at Costello Medical begins once a candidate accepts the offer of a position and lasts until completion of our comprehensive induction programme. A new colleague’s first impression of the organisation and the speed with which they can engage fully with the company and their new role is of critical importance. Successfully onboarding new colleagues requires effective collaboration between a multi-disciplinary onboarding team; we take pride in driving process efficiency whilst ensuring a personal touch that makes all new employees feel individually welcomed and valued.
Costello Medical is experiencing an exciting period of sustained, rapid growth with large cohorts of new employees joining across all global locations. Therefore, it is vital that the onboarding team continue to deliver a high-quality, joined-up experience for new colleagues, characterised by effective communication with all stakeholders.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Defining the objectives of onboarding at Costello Medical as a key component of our global training strategy, contributing to our commitment to the central company value of ‘Talent and Opportunity’
- Having end-to-end knowledge of the global onboarding process, contributing functions and stakeholders involved
- Ensuring a high-quality onboarding experience for all new employees globally, through coordinating and overseeing all aspects of the global onboarding process. This will include:
- Proactive planning of operational onboarding delivery, ensuring the onboarding team will consistently meet the needs of variable intake sizes and geographies throughout the year, taking steps to augment the onboarding team resources during peak intakes
- Managing our global induction programme, working with all functions to maximise the relevance, effectiveness and efficiency of induction sessions, coordinating the development of new sessions as necessary and connecting our global programmes
- Overseeing the preparation of the induction programme and ensuring that all tasks have been completed by operational staff globally ahead of each intake
- Championing and facilitating effective communication and decision making across the multi-disciplinary onboarding team, driving effective collaboration and enabling all functions to perform to a high level. This includes chairing regular meetings, maintaining internal communication channels and facilitating the generation of solutions to process challenges
- Driving quality in all aspects of onboarding through identifying and implementing process improvements in collaboration with the wider onboarding team, optimising the ongoing delivery of onboarding processes to new employees. This will include:
- Collection of feedback from new starters, periodic appraisal by the onboarding team and consultation with the leadership team to refine and improve processes
- Longer-term strategic appraisal and updating of Costello Medical’s approach to onboarding, to ensure the onboarding process and approach can scale-up and remain fit for purpose as the needs of the company grow and evolve. This may include collaboration with the Training Committee and Technical Operations teams to increasingly automate the delivery of onboarding, whilst balancing the need for a personal, tailored approach to onboarding new employees
- Being the key point of contact representing the onboarding team and its activities within the wider company, ensuring that questions are addressed, and feedback implemented
The Onboarding Manager, while they will not have full working knowledge of all components, should be able to quickly understand where processes may not be working to their fullest potential and to propose solutions to address this. You will receive full training on our global onboarding process including a detailed breakdown of our global induction programme.
This role will sit within our Senior team and there is the opportunity to take on further responsibility and progress your career quickly. Promotion rounds are held twice a year and you will be supported to develop towards a role within our Senior Management team. This progression would see you taking on increased responsibility for the strategy that underpins and defines our onboarding, retention and training processes.
This role would suit someone who is enthusiastic about working for a rapidly growing, global company and who is motivated by managing a varied and demanding workload. You should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges, demonstrating a friendly, positive and “can-do” attitude.
The ideal candidate will embody our company values which underpin our work and have helped to build our positive, supportive and fun company culture. In our 2021 Employee Survey, 99% of respondents in the UK agreed that they are proud to work for Costello Medical and 98% recommended Costello Medical as a good place to work. Therefore, you will be enthusiastic about sharing this messaging with future new starters to help them feel integrated within the company as quickly as possible.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a related onboarding, talent retention or learning & development role
- A process-oriented approach with an enthusiasm for proactive high-level planning and “forward thinking” to adapt to a changing landscape
- A “can do” approach, and the initiative, positivity and creativity required to identify challenges and catalyse solutions and improvements to continually refine processes
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise tasks, and manage conflicting demands in order to plan workload for yourself and others
- Excellent levels of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing priorities or deadlines
- A friendly and approachable demeanour, combined with the ability and confidence to bring together, lead and positively motivate a large cross-functional team and communicate with all levels of seniority across the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate project requirements clearly, concisely and with confidence to all relevant stakeholders
- A desire to understand the new starter perspective and a dedication to providing excellent customer service to ensure a smooth experience for all new joiners
- High degree of written accuracy, exceptional attention to detail and high professional standards, as well as the ability to maintain quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, and the ability to train and advise others on key aspects of these
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of up to £32,000 depending on your previous experience. Salary increases are awarded annually and again on promotion, with discretionary cash bonuses paid twice per year. Please click here to learn more about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.