About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to take responsibility for the smooth running of our rapidly growing office and to provide PA support for our senior team based locally. The role is therefore varied, and you will gain exposure to different aspects of the company, from office management, facilities and event management in addition to our scientific work and client management.
You will receive training and mentorship from experienced colleagues in the Operations team based in Cambridge, UK and will have ample opportunity to make the role your own and help drive the development of the office. This role would suit you if you value autonomy and enjoy taking the initiative to suggest effective ways of operating. As the office grows, progression opportunities could see you taking on greater control for office management and/or progressing down the Personal Assistant route.
Key responsibilities will include:
Office Assistant Tasks
- Maintaining essential office supplies and IT equipment
- Liaising with service providers and suppliers
- Taking an active role in creating a safe, tidy and professional environment
- Holding responsibility for day-to-day health and safety and conducting work-station assessments
- Maintaining a good working relationship with external suppliers and building management
- Coordinating office visits from internal colleagues and clients, greeting visitors to the office with a high level of professionalism
- Setting up for interviews and greeting candidates
- Arranging national and international shipments
- Organising internal and external events such as client meetings and attendance at scientific congresses
- Providing basic IT and telephone support for end users
- Organising internal social events
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Booking travel
Personal Assistant Tasks
- Diary management
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for off-site meetings
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting, and filing emails
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external queries and requests
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations and reviewing documents for accuracy
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
What Background Should You Have?
To be a successful Office Assistant at Costello Medical you will need:
- Previous relevant administrative experience
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and prioritise accordingly
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A strong customer focus and professional verbal and written communication
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add most value for those you support
You will be hard working, dynamic and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will prioritise your own workload to ensure that all requests are responded to quickly and efficiently. You should enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support.
An interest in healthcare would be an advantage as you will be exposed to some of the scientific work delivered for clients.
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.