About the Role
As Office Administrator, you will be joining our Boston team during an exciting period of growth which will see us moving to a new office space early in 2021. You will be the first Office Administrator in the Boston team and will play an instrumental role in supporting our facilities and office management to ensure its smooth running.
We are therefore seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to take responsibility for the smooth running of our rapidly growing office and to provide broad administrative support for our senior team based locally. The role is therefore varied, and you will gain exposure to different aspects of the company, from office management, facilities and event management in addition to our scientific work and client management.
You will receive training and mentorship from experienced colleagues in the Operations team based in the UK and will have ample opportunity to make the role your own and help drive the development of the office.
The Office Administrator role is suited to those who are hard-working, thrive in a fast-paced environment, value autonomy and enjoy taking the initiative to suggest effective ways of operating. Successful applicants will need to prioritize their own workload to ensure that all requests are responded to quickly and efficiently. Most importantly, we are looking for people who will enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the wider team, which will include striving to reduce their administrative burden. As the office grows, progression opportunities could see you taking on greater control for office management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining essential office supplies and IT equipment
- Liaising and maintaining a good working relationship with service providers and suppliers
- Taking an active role in creating a safe, tidy and professional environment
- Holding responsibility for day-to-day health and safety and conducting work-station assessments
- Greeting all visitors to the office and coordinating office visits from colleagues and clients
- Setting up for interviews
- Arranging national and international shipments
- Coordinating internal and external events such as client meetings and attendance at scientific congresses
- Organizing internal social events
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Booking travel
- Scheduling meetings and organizing logistics for off-site meetings
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal and ad-hoc administrative tasks when required
To be a successful Office Assistant at Costello Medical you will need:
- Previous, relevant administrative experience
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects and prioritize accordingly
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A strong customer focus and professional verbal and written communication
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add most value for those you support
An interest in healthcare would be an advantage as you will be exposed to some of the scientific work delivered for clients.
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of $35,000 depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.