About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to support our Senior Management Team and to ensure the smooth running of our rapidly growing office. The role is therefore varied, and you will gain exposure to different aspects of the company, from office management to scientific project work and client management.
You will receive training from the previous Office Administrator in the Boston office and additional mentorship from experienced colleagues in the Operations team based in the UK. The role will provide ample opportunity for autonomy and innovation as you will drive the development of processes for the office.
Key responsibilities will include:
Personal Assistant Tasks
- Diary management
- Booking travel
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for off-site meetings
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting, and filing emails
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external queries and requests
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations and reviewing documents for accuracy
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
Office Administrator Tasks
- Maintaining essential office supplies and IT equipment
- Liaising with service providers and suppliers
- Taking an active role in creating a safe, tidy and professional environment
- Maintaining documentation regarding office processes
- Maintaining a good working relationship with external suppliers and building management
- Coordinating office visits from internal colleagues and clients, greeting visitors to the office with a high level of professionalism
- Assist in the preparation of interviews and greeting candidates
- Arranging national and international shipments
- Organising internal and external events such as client meetings and attendance at scientific congresses
- Providing basic IT and telephone support for end users
- Organising internal social events
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail, photocopying, scanning and filing
- Holding responsibility for day-to-day health and safety and conducting work-station assessments
What Background Should You Have?
To be a successful Personal Assistant and Office Administrator at Costello Medical you will need:
- Previous relevant administrative experience. This can be from any administrative role and cover either the Personal Assistant or Office Administrator tasks as full training across both areas will be provided
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- A flair for detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office including Outlook
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- A strong customer focus and professional verbal and written communication
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add value for those you support
You will be hard working, dynamic and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will prioritise your own workload to ensure that all requests are responded to quickly and efficiently. You should enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support.
An interest in healthcare would be an advantage as you will be exposed to some of the scientific work delivered for clients.
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of $35,000 to $40,000, depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.