About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communication and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list for three consecutive years.
About the Role
As Management Accountant, you will prepare accurate and timely financial and accounting information on a monthly and quarterly basis. Your analyses of this data will directly impact the success of our scientific divisions by providing an understanding of divisional performance.
To support our growth, in the UK and internationally, you will have a key role in the establishment of new systems and processes. The role also involves the provision of support to the other members of the finance team, as required, and undertaking other ad-hoc finance projects.
You will be proactive with a positive attitude and will enjoy applying your previous experience to a small but rapidly evolving finance team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing Management Accounts
- Providing analysis as needed, as well as reporting and other finance support for scientific divisions
- Providing divisions with accurate and timely financial results
- Maintaining records and supervising all ledgers
- Using Excel to assist with budgeting, cash flow forecasting and financial planning, including the preparation of monthly reports
- Overseeing the management of specific internal budgets to improve financial planning
- Tracking, monitoring and analysis of current and prospective projects using Excel and data from our project management system, to assess profitability and projected revenue and assist strategic decision-making
- Providing support for year-end processes and providing the information required to produce the financial statements and audits as required
- Advising the scientific teams on invoicing, expenses and financial aspects of proposal-writing
- Providing other general support to the finance team and wider Operations Division as required
- Undertaking projects as required to support the on-going growth of the company, including international expansion, and developing financial systems as required
- Innovating and driving improvement across financial systems and processes
Alongside a “can do” attitude and excellent attention to detail, the ideal candidate will provide an excellent level of customer service and communication, both internally to colleagues and externally to clients and suppliers. A high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism when dealing with confidential company information is also vital.
Other requirements for the role include:
- Experience of working in a similar role
- Understanding of finance regulations and legislation
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to plan your own time effectively to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- An excellent level of productivity, and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team
- An exceptional level of customer service and communication both internally and externally
What We Offer
- A starting salary of £30,000 to £35,000, based on your qualifications and prior experience
- The opportunity to shape your own career
- Funding and study leave for you to acquire or maintain professional qualifications
- Flexible benefits package
- 4% employer pension contributions and a salary-exchange-for-pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum, with the option to increase this after 6 months