About the Role
An opportunity has arisen, as a result of the company’s sustained and successful international growth, to join our Operations Division as a Legal Advisor. You will provide support to our scientific project managers through the provision of commercially sensible advice on any legal issues/queries that may arise, conducting legal research where necessary.
Working alongside our Legal Administrator, you will lead the review and negotiation of legal agreements between Costello Medical and our clients and suppliers. You will take responsibility for negotiating terms to Costello Medical’s benefit and ensure that all legal documents are signed in appropriate time frames, communicating directly with our clients’ legal and procurement teams when necessary. Our contracting arrangements are becoming increasingly complex as the company continues to expand to markets such as China and the US; we are looking for an individual excited by this prospect and keen to grow with the company.
As part of your role, you will be expected to drive forward and develop our legal service offerings within the Operations team with a view to expanding the team as the company continues to grow.
We are welcoming applicants for both full and part-time roles.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- An applicable degree level or higher qualification (minimum 2:1) is required
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role, with prior experience negotiating international commercial contracts and other legal documents
- Excellent research skills to provide succinct advice and guidance on legal and commercial/operational issues
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to review documents with a meticulous eye
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong organisational skills to manage your own workload and prioritise accordingly
- Experience using Microsoft Office
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service to our scientific team
You should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges, demonstrating a friendly, positive and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Experience of advising more junior colleagues
- Experience of dealing with clients in the pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industries
- Knowledge of personal data protection governance and accountability requirements outlined under law
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary depending on prior experience. Please click here to learn more about our benefits package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.