About the Role
Costello Medical is a global, rapidly growing medical communications agency providing specialist support to the pharmaceutical and medical technology industries. As we prepare for the next phase in the company’s growth, which will see significant expansion in the UK and internationally, we are increasingly bringing IT support in-house. The next development in this trend will be the establishment of a 1st line IT support helpdesk and we are therefore seeking an IT Technician.
Working closely with our IT Administrator you will deliver the following:
- 1st line IT support for all staff including face-to-face and remote assistance across offices
- Liaising with external support providers to ensure all 2nd and 3rd line support requests are resolved
- Configuring new laptops with associated licenses and user accounts, decommissioning old laptops
- Maintaining IT infrastructure documentation
- Managing, checking and issuing loan IT equipment for home workers or those attending external meetings or congresses
- Providing training on company IT, AV systems and associated equipment to staff
- Managing IT supplies including purchasing new equipment
- Regular maintenance of the Cambridge office telephone system and the company’s mobile phones
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the rest of the IT team and Operations division
As the IT Technician at Costello Medical, you will pride yourself on providing an excellent service and will possess the drive to find solutions to common and more complex technical issues. You will be proactive and will support various projects within the IT team. You will embrace our company values and will enjoy contributing to our friendly workplace.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Ability to deliver high quality 1st line support with attention to detail
- High level of responsiveness, acknowledging requests promptly and staying abreast of ongoing tickets
- Fluency with Windows operating systems
- Fluency with Microsoft Office applications, in particular Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Skype for Business
- Strong customer focus with professional verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative, positivity and creativity required to solve problems and offer ways to improve processes
- Ability to prioritise tasks to maintain productivity and efficiency
- Ability to remain aware of all facets of a project and their progress throughout the project’s lifetime
- A good level of proficiency in written English and arithmetic
- CompTIA A+ or other relevant qualification would be desirable, though is not essential
While previous relevant technical support experience would be helpful, this role is an excellent opportunity for someone that is looking to begin or develop their career in IT support. You will receive training and close mentorship from colleagues in the IT Team. Following completion of your probationary period, we will provide funding for you to acquire or maintain additional, relevant qualifications.
Aptitude in Adobe Acrobat, EndNote and MacOS would also be beneficial but not essential.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £20,000 – £22,000 depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.