About the Role
Currently based in the UK, the US and Singapore, we have ambitious plans for continued growth and we are now seeking an apprentice to join the HR team based in our Cambridge office. Working closely with established colleagues in the team, from whom you will receive one-to-one training and mentoring, you will contribute to the smooth running of the company’s global HR operations. You will also support our busy recruitment team which will involve posting advertisements, reviewing applications and scheduling interviews. This is an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to a wide range of areas within HR in a truly generalist role.
The successful candidate will work towards Level 3 or 5 of the CIPD qualification (dependent on prior qualifications), which usually takes between 12 and 22 months to complete. The apprenticeship training will be provided by BPP and will include tutor support, access to a virtual learning environment and regular webinars, which will supplement the on-the-job training and support provided by Costello Medical.
Following completion of the apprenticeship there is the possibility of a permanent position with the option of further study; our current HR Manager, Emma King, initially joined the company as an HR Apprentice in 2016 and would be happy to discuss her experience of completing an apprenticeship at Costello Medical.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of tasks as part of the new starter, promotion and leaver processes, including the creation of offer materials and various other HR letters. You will ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner and to a high quality
- Maintenance of employee records within our HR system, BambooHR, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Purchase of employee gifts and completion of bookings for a variety of external training courses
- Day-to-day responsibility for the sickness, holiday and absence processes, including sending self-certification forms, logging sickness within our timesheet system and approving requests
- Distribution of employee payslips and other HR correspondence
- Support of the internal staff promotion process
- Ad-hoc HR and recruitment support and projects
- Support to the wider Operations team with ad-hoc tasks
You should be proactive, dynamic and eager to take on new challenges. You should also value the opportunity to develop your skills through formal training and by gaining experience in a fast-paced and friendly office environment.
To be successful in this role, you will also need:
- C grade or higher in GCSE Maths and English; A-levels would also be an advantage
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Good organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Excellent numerical skills
- Commitment to maintaining the confidentiality of HR data and an understanding of its sensitive nature
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite is desirable
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of between £13,000. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical. In addition to this, you will receive full funding and study leave to complete the CIPD qualification as part of your apprenticeship programme.