What Our Health Economist Interns Do
This position is ideal for recent graduates with a degree in an economic, mathematical or computer science discipline seeking to gain an insight into life at a fast-growing consultancy serving pharmaceutical industry clients. You will get the opportunity to join a growing Health Economics Team and gain hands-on experience in designing, developing and communicating health economic models. These can range from simple costing tools to substantially more complicated models for pharmaceutical industry clients that aim to demonstrate the value of their products and therapies to reimbursement agencies. Interns receive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role and learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Our Health Economist Internship is for a duration of 3 months, with start dates falling in April, July and September 2019. We may also be able to consider applications for internships of 6 months. The stipend for interns is £1,200 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in an economic, mathematical or computer science discipline (minimum 2.1 or expected 2.1)
- A close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to communicate mathematical material clearly in both written and oral form
- A problem-solving mindset and eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions
In addition, advanced skills in Excel would be an advantage, but are not a necessity. Although no previous health economics experience is required, you must be able to display a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of health economic modelling.