We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021, including July and September. Additional start dates may also available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
As a Graphic Designer in our Design division you will be involved in a wide range of creative projects. Examples include branding, creation of infographics, and the development of material for scientific conferences. Depending on your skillset, you may also be involved in digital projects such as the development of interactive material for exhibitions, animations, and photography/video editing.
At Costello Medical, we are committed to supporting projects where we believe our skills can make a meaningful difference to healthcare. Therefore, you will have the opportunity to support not only commercial projects but also on the delivery of pro bono work for charities and the public sector.
Where possible, you will be involved in all stages of the project from the initial concept development to full production, allowing for real autonomy and creativity. You will produce materials to high standards of clarity, presentation and innovation, and work closely with internal colleagues and clients to understand the project brief, providing technical insight and guidance where required.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with designers, project managers and clients at the outset of projects to determine the scope and purpose
- Delivery of a wide range of creative projects from branding and identity to the delivery of promotional material for events, working cross-divisionally and collaboratively with colleagues in other specialist divisions
- Ensuring that materials are delivered in a timely manner, and on budget, with a key focus on the high quality and professional appearance of all deliverables
We are looking for proactive candidates who will contribute innovative ideas for the development of our graphic design service offerings. You will have a great understanding of aesthetics and a meticulous attention to detail. You will also take pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients, and will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires you to have a problem-solving mindset, strong design skills, and excellent customer service. Exceptional organisation and self-motivation alongside an eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions that provide is a must.
Although no previous experience in the scientific industry is required, we are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science. An interest in applying design to the healthcare industry would be an advantage.
Qualities and experience required include:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a design-related discipline (minimum 2.1). We welcome applications from candidates from a diverse range of specialisms
- Excellent technical skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Familiarity with other software in the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily After Effects and Premiere Pro) and other software such as Figma or Sketch
- Experience in video editing and photography would be an advantage
- Ability to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, an excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and the ability to build robust and sustainable working relationships
You will work alongside experienced colleagues who provide one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role as well as project management and effective client communication.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £30,000. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.