We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021. Please note that most of our new recruits will be based in our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, however we have a small number of opportunities available at our London office.
About the Role
We are currently recruiting for a Front-End Developer to work alongside all our divisions to create engaging and interactive web-based technologies for our clients. Examples include development and maintenance of client websites and web/iOS applications for congresses and events. We are keen to extend the range of digital deliverables we offer in-house, and you should therefore be proactive with a willingness to learn and contribute innovative ideas towards the development of our service offerings.
In addition to external-facing materials, you will also work closely with our Design, IT and Innovation teams to develop and maintain in-house web applications that are custom-built to align with our business needs.
We are a driven and ambitious cross-divisional team who are growing rapidly and, therefore, looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordination with internal and external teams to understand project requirements and provide technical solutions
- Development and testing of responsive websites and applications, interactive content for conferences or events and digital marketing material, ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality for our external clients and internal colleagues
- Management and maintenance of existing websites and applications
- Proactively identifying and developing new service offerings for our expanding portfolio
You will typically be working on two or three projects at any one time. All new employees receive extensive internal training which includes an integrated 2-week induction process. We also offer paid funding and study leave for external training opportunities.
This role requires those with a problem-solving mindset and eagerness to work both independently and collaboratively to find solutions. You will ideally have strong analytical skills, alongside exceptional organisation and self-motivation. Excellent customer service and an enthusiasm for technology and high-quality development is a must.
We are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- 2+ years of experience working in the entire web development process (design, development and deployment), either gained through a relevant degree or work experience
- Awareness of UX/UI design, including experience in implementing responsive designs
- Experience working with APIs
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- Proficient understanding of code versioning with Git
Desired requirements for the role are:
- Experience in hybrid app development (e.g. Ionic)
- Although not essential for the role, knowledge of design software such as Sketch, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator would be an advantage
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is up to £50,000 depending on your previous experience and qualifications. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.