We are primarily recruiting for this role as a full-time position, however, candidates seeking a part-time role of no less than 30-hours per week can also be considered.
About the Role
Thanks to our rapid growth, both here in the UK and globally, we are looking for an experienced Accountant to support with the preparation and development of all financial statements. You will provide us with accurate quantitative information on financial position and cash flows of our business, while ensuring we’re compliant with all tax regulations.
As a company that is developing organically without debt or external investment, careful financial management and planning sits at the heart of our growth strategy and as Financial Accountant you will contribute directly to this.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting with the preparation of the financial statements for all group companies including subsidiaries in the US, Singapore and China, alongside our UK parent company
- Producing the group consolidations
- Supporting with corporate tax in the UK and across all the subsidiaries, including estimating instalment payments and liaising with outside advisers around the preparation of tax returns
- Assisting with cashflow projections, financial planning and risk analysis
- Supporting the team in meeting auditing requirements
- Maintaining accounting controls by designing and implementing policies and procedures
- Providing training to the wider Finance team
What Background Should You Have?
Our ideal candidate will take pride in delivering an excellent service to colleagues and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be a fast learner and have the capacity to drive improvements in our systems to keep pace with our exciting growth plans. This role would ideally suit those who are newly qualified Accountants, looking for their first role outside of practice.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an accounting role, or similar, within a busy environment
- ACA/ACCA qualified or finalist
- A confidence with using accounting systems to their full potential
- Good knowledge of UK GAAP for medium and large companies, and knowledge of IFRS
- Exceptional level of accuracy and attention to detail across both manual and systems based work
- Self-motivated with a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise your own time and communicate this to others. This will include a natural ability to coordinate, prioritise, multitask and respond to changing deadlines with little supervision
- A collaborative approach to work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A can do attitude and the ability to adapt to a highly changeable environment
- A dedication to providing excellent customer service
- Discretion and professionalism when dealing with sensitive information
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
Desired requirements for the role are:
- A broad range of knowledge across accounting functions
- Experience of international issues, particularly for the US, Singapore or China
- A knowledge of Professional Services firms
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of £38,000 to £41,000 depending on your previous experience and qualifications. Discretionary cash bonuses and promotions are considered twice a year. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.