Real-World Evidence at Costello Medical
Our Real-World Evidence (RWE) team is growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for an Epidemiologist to join our friendly and collaborative team. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of Costello Medical’s RWE service offering.
Our RWE team contribute to the design, execution and subsequent reporting of prospective, retrospective or cross-sectional real-world studies. They develop protocols and statistical analysis plans (in collaboration with our Statisticians, clients and external experts), acquire and analyse data, and communicate the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats. Studies include data from patient registries, claims databases, prospective studies or any other source of real-world data, and involve a wide range of research questions on burden of disease, clinical effectiveness or economic topics, among others.
About the Role
You will work in project teams alongside colleagues from all specialities to ensure that RWE projects are completed to an exceptionally high standard, on time and in line with client expectations. You will receive one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be someone who shows the potential to progress rapidly and who, with close mentoring, could take on project management and client responsibility in six to twelve months.
Our team typically work on several projects at one time and the results of each analysis can feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas.
We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2021.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a relevant subject is required (minimum GPA 3.3), although a Masters or PhD would be highly advantageous
- A good understanding of epidemiological techniques and data analysis methods
- A good understanding of statistical techniques, sufficient to engage in technical discussions with our Statisticians
- The technical ability, coupled with the written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts
- A good understanding of at least one programming language used for the analysis of large datasets (e.g. R or SAS), and the willingness and ability to rapidly develop your programming skills
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software or techniques that may suit specific projects
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high level of customer service and the quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Highly organised, with the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
Familiarity with real-world healthcare data sources in the US or elsewhere would be desirable but is not essential.
In line with our company mission, you will be somebody who thrives on the challenges that the healthcare industry presents and relishes the opportunity to improve patient outcomes globally. You will also be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of $60,000 – $70,000, based on qualifications and experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.