Statistics at Costello Medical
Are you looking for a role in which you can directly apply your statistical knowledge to the medical field?
Our Statistics team is growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients, and we have an exciting opportunity for a Statistician to join our friendly and collaborative team in Singapore. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the future of Costello Medical’s Statistics team and service offering in Asia and globally.
Our Statistics team provide statistical and analytical expertise across Costello Medical, devising statistical analysis plans and performing data analysis within Excel, R, SAS and WinBUGS. They are also responsible for communicating the methodologies and results in both written and oral formats to drug and device manufacturers, doctors and reimbursement agencies such as NICE in the UK. The statistical analysis varies across patient-level clinical trial data, observational study data, real-world data and published aggregate data, and involves a range of techniques such as basic statistical analysis of individual patient data, regression analysis, survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis using both standard and emerging methods.
About the Role
You will work in project teams alongside colleagues from all specialities to ensure that statistics projects are completed to an exceptionally high standard, on time and in line with client expectations. You will receive one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role, including project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings with external stakeholders.
The Statistics team is growing quickly, and so the successful applicant will be someone who shows the potential to develop their skills rapidly. Our scientific Senior Management team all joined the company in entry-level roles and progressed internally; we remain committed to the principle of developing talent from within. We are particularly keen to hear from talented and motivated individuals who could take on project management and client responsibility within six to twelve months, and who are keen to progress into a leadership role in the Statistics team. We also offer tailored career progression opportunities depending on individual strengths and interests, which could include a focus on technical excellence.
Our team typically work on several projects at one time and the results of each analysis can feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas.
Some client meetings and congresses take place outside of Singapore, which presents opportunities for overseas travel.
We are currently recruiting for start dates from January 2021 onwards.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1, CAP 4 or GPA 4) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be highly advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- The technical and mathematical ability, coupled with the written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts
- Proficiency in the R programming language, and the willingness and ability to rapidly develop your programming skills
- A willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software or techniques that may suit specific projects
- A desire to apply your statistical knowledge and technical skills to the healthcare industry
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, along with the ability to maintain a high level of customer service and the quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- Highly organised, with the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
In line with our company mission, you will be somebody who thrives on the challenges that the healthcare industry presents and relishes the opportunity to improve patient outcomes globally. You will also be willing to step up and support your project team as needed.
Desirable requirements for the role are:
- Fluency in one or more East Asian languages (Mandarin Chinese, Japanese or Korean) is advantageous but not essential
- Experience with SAS, or other programming languages used for data analysis
- Experience in and/or knowledge of medical data, clinical processes or trials
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is typically S$4,000 per month, however we may be able to offer a higher starting salary for more experienced candidates. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.