About the Role
In order to support our growing client base in China, we are seeking a full-time Team Assistant with exceptional English and Mandarin language skills to support our China team on a wide range of administrative and project coordination tasks.
You will play a key role in the smooth running of the China team’s operation. This will include supporting the implementation of the latest operational and administrative processes, as well as identifying and suggesting process improvements and changes to current ways of working, to enhance quality and efficiency within the team and, where appropriate, the wider company. You will receive training, guidance and mentorship from experienced colleagues in the team and will quickly take on increasing responsibility in support of your colleagues in the China Team.
As we look to open a brand new office in Shanghai in 2022, we are looking for those who have a keen interest in pioneering further expansion of the company into China. This is therefore a particularly exciting opportunity for an individual who is keen to help shape the future of Costello Medical and there may be opportunities to relocate to our Shanghai office in the future.
A strong component of the role involves providing support across project teams and you will be responsible for a range of administrative tasks which may include:
- Diary management
- Drafting and responding to emails
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to personal and other ad-hoc tasks in support of the China team
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external queries and requests
- Providing support for the setting up of the China office, including recruitment efforts
- Overseeing all travel of the China team, including conducting research, purchasing tickets, and developing itineraries to ensure the smooth operation of all work trip
- Organising team socials and other internal activities
- Coordinating internal and external events, such as client meetings and our attendance at scientific congresses
What Background Should You Have?
If you have an excellent attention to detail and enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the colleagues you support, which will include striving to reduce their administrative burden, then our Team Assistant role could be for you.
To be a successful Team Assistant at Costello Medical you will need:
- Exceptional written and spoken fluency in Mandarin (equivalent or close to native Mandarin language skills) as well as good written and spoken fluency in English in order to support the China team with client work across Asia
- Strong organisational skills, including the ability to plan and prioritise your own time and communicate this to others
- Dedication to providing excellent customer service and professional verbal and written communication
- Friendly and approachable demeanour
- The ability to adapt to the different working styles of those you support
- Excellent attention to detail
- Fluency in Microsoft Office
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive documents and information appropriately
- A high level of proactivity to shape this role and add most value for those you support
Previous experience within a Team Assistant, Personal Administrator, or similar role would be desirable but not essential as full training and guidance will be provided.
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of S$2,000 – S$3,000 per month, depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.