We are currently recruiting for start dates throughout 2022, including April, July and September. Additional start dates may also be available and you will be asked to state your availability on your application form. If you are seeking a 2021 start date, please review our Medical Writer advert.
About the Role
The Analyst position is ideal for recent graduates in the sciences, and those with experience in scientific research, who are seeking the opportunity to apply their knowledge to real-world projects. You will be based in our brand-new office in Boston and will join the team at its foundation. This presents opportunities to shape and drive our US company; an endeavor supported by the success of our existing operations in the UK and Asia-Pacific. You will work closely with our Scientific Director, who will be based in Boston and has 10 years’ experience in the industry, and other senior colleagues in the US and globally.
Analysts work on projects involving the detailed analysis of data from clinical trials and the assimilation and creative presentation of this analysis in different formats including posters, slide sets, value dossiers, reports and peer-reviewed publications. These deliverables are used directly by our clients in communication with external stakeholders which are instrumental to the successful uptake of novel therapies. The work is structured on a project-by-project basis, across a range of high-profile disease areas and products, presenting variety of work and the opportunity to develop a wide skill-set.
You will work in project teams alongside experienced colleagues who will provide one-to-one training in the technical aspects of the role and project management and effective client communication. Delivering project work requires close collaboration with clients, and following a successful induction period you will increasingly participate in teleconferences and face-to-face meetings. The latter may present opportunities for travel within the US and internationally.
Positions are available for those looking for an entry-level role in the field as well as those with some prior experience. We are looking for ambitious individuals with the potential to progress rapidly into more senior roles involving greater project management and client responsibility.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic, with a passion for scientific writing and an interest in providing a great service to clients.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline (minimum GPA 3.3). We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of educational backgrounds, but particularly those with coursework in the life sciences
- Excellent written and spoken fluency in English (If you are also fluent in Portuguese or Spanish, please highlight this in your application)
- An ability to communicate scientific materials clearly in both written and oral form
- Excellent understanding of and ability to apply scientific concepts
- Close attention to detail
- Aptitude for and experience with scientific writing which could include dissertations, research summaries, lab reports, poster or oral presentations, peer-reviewed scientific publications, book chapters, literature reviews, grant applications, regulatory documents, and articles for websites or student magazines
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage your time and meet deadlines
No previous experience in this sector is necessary, but you should display a genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of clinical science. Applicants with higher-level qualifications in a scientific discipline are welcomed but this is not a requirement.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is $60,000 – $65,000, depending on your previous experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.