About the Role
We are looking for an apprentice to join our friendly Operations division and contribute to our collective efforts to ensure the successful running of our rapidly growing business.
As an Administration Apprentice you will provide essential and ad-hoc personal assistant support to several members of our senior team, helping them with a range of administrative tasks, including diary management, scheduling meetings, taking minutes, arranging travel and organising events. During this apprenticeship you will also complete tasks and projects in support of the wider Scientific divisions and different teams within the Operations division, such as recruitment and facilities, among others. This could see you organising a company social or working with the recruitment team to find our next great hire. After the apprenticeship you will therefore be equipped with a well-rounded experience in business administration, in addition to an accredited qualification.
The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification, which usually takes 18 months to complete. Following completion of the apprenticeship there is the possibility of a permanent position with the option of further study.
Your initial key responsibilities will include:
- Diary management
- Scheduling meetings and organising logistics for meetings
- Collating agendas, attending meetings and minute taking
- Responding to, drafting and filing emails
- Document management including printing and filing documents for signature
- Drafting documents and presentations as well as reviewing documents for accuracy
- Copying scientific details between different document types
- Answering telephones and taking messages
- Making purchases and processing expenses
- Responding to personal administrative tasks
- Other ad-hoc tasks in support of the rest of the Operations division and Scientific teams
You will be given close support and mentorship from your colleagues in the Operations division as well as structured and ongoing training on all tasks. You will attend training as dictated by the course requirements.
You will be hard-working, motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Most importantly, you will enjoy making a positive difference to the working lives of the managers you support, which will include striving to reduce their administrative burden.
You should be proactive and eager to take on new challenges and begin your career in business administration.
To be successful in this apprenticeship, you will need:
- Good written English
- Organisational skills and the ability to plan your time to meet deadlines
- An interest in business administration
- Flexibility to respond to different tasks
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to maintain discretion when dealing with sensitive information
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of between £13,000 and £14,000. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical. In addition to this, you will receive full funding and study leave to complete the Level 3 Business Administrator training course.