About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a vibrant, friendly and rapidly growing consultancy providing medical communication services to a wide range of clients, including the world’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical device companies. Currently based in Cambridge, London and Singapore, we have an exciting growth trajectory for 2019 and beyond with new office locations planned both in the UK and internationally, including new offices in Manchester (UK), China and the US over the next 12 months. As a company that is developing organically without debt or external investment, careful financial management and planning sits at the heart of our growth strategy and as Accounts Assistant you will contribute directly to this.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant who will focus primarily of the effective running of our sales ledger processes. We would consider either full-time or part-time hours of 4 days per week.
About the Role
As Accounts Assistant focusing on sales ledger you will utilise your existing experience to play a key role in delivering a wide range of financial tasks, quickly taking on significant responsibility across the finance function.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Invoicing: preparing, sending and monitoring invoices
- Credit control: contacting clients to ensure timely payment
- Tracking and chasing purchase orders
- Book-keeping across all group companies using Opera 3 and Rapport 3
- Advising our scientific teams on invoicing
- Innovating and suggesting improvements across financial processes
Our ideal candidate takes pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients and suppliers, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a fast learner and has the capacity to drive improvements in our financial systems to keep pace with our exciting growth plans.
Essential qualities and experience:
- Practical experience working within an accounts function, especially sales ledger
- Experience of book-keeping and other aspects of financial or management accounting
- Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high degree of written accuracy
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Part AAT qualified
- Experience of working in an SME operating internationally
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including pivot tables and IF and VLOOKUP functions
What We Offer
- A starting salary of £19,000 to £24,000, based on your qualifications and prior experience
- The opportunity to shape your own career in a small but rapidly evolving finance team
- Full funding and study leave for you to acquire or maintain professional qualifications
- Flexible benefits package
- 4% employer pension contributions and a salary-exchange-for-pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum, with the option to increase this after 6 months