About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a rapidly growing global healthcare agency specialising in medical communication and health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are committed to our company values which are central to creating our fun, friendly and innovative workplace in which we strive to deliver the highest standards of quality. As a result, we have been listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list for three consecutive years.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Accounts Assistant who will focus primarily on the effective running of our purchase ledger processes. We would consider either full-time or part-time hours of 4 days per week.
About the Role
As an Accounts Assistant focusing on purchase ledger you will utilise your existing experience to play a key role in delivering a wide range of financial tasks, quickly taking on significant responsibility across the finance function.
Purchase ledger responsibilities will include:
- Processing supplier invoices and credit card transactions
- Expenses: processing internal and recharged expenses
- Running time and budget analysis reports on projects to support Project Managers
- Book-keeping across all group companies using Opera 3, Rapport 3 and Webexpenses
- Advising our scientific teams on expenses
- Innovating and suggesting improvements across financial and administrative systems
- Projecting a positive image of the Operations Division and actively seeking to reduce the administrative burden placed on others
Our ideal candidate takes pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients and suppliers, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a fast learner and has the capacity to drive improvements in our financial systems to keep pace with our exciting growth plans.
Essential qualities and experience:
- Practical experience working within an accounts function, especially purchase ledger
- Experience of book-keeping and other aspects of financial or management accounting
- Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high degree of written accuracy
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Part AAT qualified
- Experience of working in an SME operating internationally
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including pivot tables and IF and VLOOKUP functions
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £19,000 to £24,000 depending on experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.