About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to play a key role in supporting a range of finance tasks. Working alongside our Finance Team based at our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, UK you will quickly take on significant responsibility across the finance function, focussing on a mixture of sales ledger and purchase ledger tasks.
This role requires someone with solid experience from a previous financial or accounting role. As a key member of a growing office there is great potential for you to develop the role and take on additional responsibilities.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Sales Ledger: producing, sending and monitoring invoices as well as contacting clients to ensure timely payments, where necessary
- Purchase Ledger: approving and/or obtaining approval for all purchase invoices, recording and reconciling all petty cash and reviewing credit card expenses
- Managing and maintaining client contracts
- Advising our scientific teams on invoicing
- Corresponding with external payroll and benefit providers to ensure accurate and timely payment
What Background Should You Have?
The successful candidate will have a “can do” approach and the initiative, positivity and creativity required to continually improve processes and ease the administrative burden on their colleagues.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Practical experience working within an accounts or finance function, especially sales ledger with experience in other aspects of financial or management accounting
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage pressure and conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- An excellent level of productivity, and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary, depending on your previous experience and qualifications. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.