About the Role
Have you successfully coordinated and managed publications and/or medical communications accounts? Do you enjoy building and maintaining client relationships? Are you looking to join a growing company offering excellent career prospects? We are growing quickly through demand from both new and existing clients and are therefore looking for candidates with prior experience in medical communications who enjoy client account management and publication coordination to join us.
Account Managers in the MedComms team independently coordinate client accounts within the team. You will work alongside the project team to ensure that projects are delivered to an exceptionally high standard in line with agreed timelines. This involves project management, liaising with the project team, regularly interacting with clients to provide updates on project delivery and ensuring that publications are delivered compliantly.
You will also play a key role in contributing to business development by developing and maintaining excellent client relationships and identifying opportunities to provide additional services to your client accounts.
The MedComms team at Costello Medical deliver strategic publication planning, manuscript and abstract development, and poster design and production for our broad range of global and regional clients from pharmaceutical and medical devices companies as well as public sector and non-profit clients. You will be primarily supporting one of our US main medical communications account in the field of autoimmune diseases, working closely with our US Medical Communications Lead and team of Medical Writers and Project Assistants to deliver the activities for this account.
What Background Should You Have?
We are looking for individuals who are collaborative, self-motivated and enthusiastic with a strong and demonstrable background in the medical communications sector. You will take pride in supporting the MedComms team to deliver exceptionally high-quality publications for your client accounts and will relish the opportunity to build successful client relationships. You will identify and capitalise on opportunities to go above and beyond for clients and exceed their expectations wherever possible. You will enjoy using your experience to train and mentor others and will be skilled at delivering effective feedback to support the professional development of your colleagues.
You will thrive in a fast-paced environment, be highly organised and able to manage project timelines across multiple projects within large client accounts. You will be willing to step up and support your colleagues as needed.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- At least 1 year of professional experience in a medical communications account management role, preferably in publications
- We welcome applications from candidates with a diverse range of educational backgrounds (a degree level or equivalent qualification with a minimum GPA of 3.3); exposure to the life sciences is helpful but definitely not essential
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain exceptional customer service and quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands. Experience in communicating directly with clients including responding to different communication styles, as well as a proven ability to build robust and sustainable client relationships
- Exceptional organisational skills, including the ability to plan individually and for others to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to review work and provide constructive feedback and a commitment to the development of others
- Ability to effectively enhance the welfare of those you supervise to ensure their job satisfaction
- Genuine interest in shaping the future direction of the MedComms team, their client accounts and the wider company
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Datavision and/or other publications-related platforms, with the ability to train and advise others
- Excellent proficiency in written English and arithmetic
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary depending on your previous experience. Discretionary cash bonuses and promotions are considered twice a year. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.