About the Role
We are now seeking Project Coordinators to work alongside various project teams to aid the successful delivery of medical communications and health economic projects, assisting with a wide-range of administrative, quality control and project management tasks.
The Project Coordinator role is very varied and in a typical week your time will be divided across multiple projects; you could be supporting the copy approval process for educational materials, drafting contracts for external collaborators, running searches in literature databases, purchasing articles and contacting academic authors, proofreading client deliverables, as well as organising the submission of an economic appraisal of new therapies for review by NICE. Alongside this you will play a team-coordination role, scheduling team meetings and responding to other ad-hoc administrative tasks. This will require excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple tasks with the necessary flexibility to respond to changing timelines. You will play a central coordination role across several project teams and will be required to work collaboratively.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with team planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity and cross-collaboration of the divisions
- Scheduling team meetings and responding to ad-hoc administrative requests. Formatting and consistency review of client deliverables
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Coordinating the submission of scientific materials developed internally to clients’ copy-approval processes. Involving elements of quality control review, such as verification that the scientific content is factually accurate, fully referenced and compliant with industry codes of practice
- Supporting colleagues with compliance requirements, such as the contract and transparency documentation essential for the engagement of health care professionals as contributors to projects
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest relevant sources of pharmaceutical industry information to inform their project work
- Managing the administrative aspects of projects such as article purchasing, subscription and membership renewals
- Collating bibliographies within large Word documents and preparing the reference packs for submission to external agencies
- Assisting with client communication and providing a point of contact for enquiries
- Recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
You will have the opportunity to oversee enhancements to the current project management tools and processes used by the teams and to play an increasing role in client contact and coordination. The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- A very close attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A flexible and responsive working style
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
- A strong interest and motivation to work in and learn more about the healthcare sector
A degree level qualification or prior work in a scientific discipline would be highly desirable but is not essential. No prior experience in medical communications is required but you should have a strong interest and motivation to learn more about this field and the healthcare sector in general.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £21,000 – £26,000 depending on experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the Project Coordinator role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state your visa status and eligibility to work in the UK.