What Our Scientific Interns Do
This position is ideal for current students and recent graduates in the sciences seeking to gain an insight into life at a fast-growing consultancy serving pharmaceutical industry clients. You will be presented with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of a variety of medical communications projects involving the assimilation, interpretation and creative presentation of data from clinical trials. This could involve supporting the development of clinical trial manuscripts, preparing medical education slides, performing systematic searches of medical literature or assimilating clinical and cost-effectiveness evidence to support HTA submissions to NICE. You will typically be working on two to three projects in different disease areas at any one time. Interns receive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of the role and learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Scientific Interns will usually be given the opportunity to experience work across multiple divisions. However, if you have a strong interest in any one area of medical communications please indicate this in your cover letter and we will try to accommodate this.
The stipend for interns is £1,200 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.
Please note our internship programme is full in our London office for all start dates in 2018, with the next available start date falling in January 2019. We are however continuing to welcome applicants for our Cambridge office in both September 2018 and January 2019. Please see below for the start and end dates of our September 2018 internship in Cambridge:
- 17th September – 21st December
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific discipline (minimum 2.1 or expected 2.1)
- The ability to communicate scientific material clearly in both written and oral form – some experience in planning and writing scientific documents would be helpful
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written English
- Organisational skills and self-motivation
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A genuine interest in healthcare and an eagerness to learn about new areas of science
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.
If you wish to speak directly with a current member of our team before applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.