What Our Project Assistants Do
Due to our continued expansion, we are now seeking a full-time Project Assistant to support our team with a wide range of scientific, administrative and project management tasks. The starting salary for this position is 2,800-3,200 SGD per month, dependent on experience and qualifications, plus discretionary cash bonuses. This is a varied role and in a typical week your time will be divided across multiple projects in several different disease areas. You will work alongside experienced team members who will provide training on the technical aspects of project delivery and, as a result, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to conduct various projects across our different service offerings.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific understanding to project work for clients, on tasks including: developing and running literature reviews, extracting data from evidence sources, conducting data input, conducting quality control checks of work and developing slides for presentation to clients. Alongside project work, administrative tasks may include running searches in literature databases, purchasing articles, communicating with doctors, setting up project folders and timelines, managing publications processes and arranging logistics for events.
Your initial responsibilities would include:
- Running literature searches in electronic databases using platforms such as Ovid, Wiley, PubMed, Wan Fang and Google
- Screening records for relevance to research questions and extracting data from relevant publications into Excel
- Collating bibliographies documents and slide sets, and preparing the reference packs
- Coordinating the submission of scientific materials developed internally to clients’ internal review processes
- Conducting data entry, cleaning and basic analysis tasks for clinical studies
- Managing the submission of abstracts and manuscripts to conferences and journals
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients
- Proofreading deliverables to ensure the highest quality of written language and visual appearance
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Supporting the completion and filing of compliance documents relating to projects
- Managing the administrative aspects of projects such as article purchasing, subscription and membership renewals
- Providing logistical support for client events (eg. arranging travel for speakers)
- Recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
What Background Should You Have?
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative, flexible and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities with an ambition to develop the role. The Singapore team are an enthusiastic and friendly team who are excited to welcome a second Scientific Project Assistant into the team.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in both oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese (to work on Chinese language materials and with Chinese clients)
- Very close attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service (both to external clients and internal ‘customers’)
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
- A strong interest and motivation to work in and learn more about the healthcare sector
A degree level qualification or prior work in the biological sciences discipline would be highly desirable but is not essential. No prior experience in medical communications is required but you should have a strong interest and motivation to learn more about this field and the healthcare sector in general.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical’s Singapore office. Your CV should clearly state your undergraduate degree class and grade of pass in any subsequent degree(s), along with your visa status and eligibility to work in Singapore. We regret that we are unable to support employment pass applications for the Project Assistant role.