About the Role
The multidisciplinary division provide support to clients that span across service offerings delivered at Costello Medical and acts as a springboard for the continued growth of the company through the development of new service offerings.
As a Project Assistant in the multidisciplinary division you will be responsible for a wide-range of administrative, project management and scientific tasks.
Administrative tasks include:
- Scheduling and recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration between the team and other divisions
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Coordinating logistics and providing project support for medical events and meetings
- Organising team socials and other internal activities
The role also includes a strong focus on scientific tasks, in the multidisciplinary team this will include:
- Formatting and consistency review of large Word documents for quality control
- Collating bibliographies within large Word documents and preparing the reference packs for submission to clients and external agencies
- Screening records for relevance to research questions and extracting data from relevant publications into Excel
- Running literature searches in electronic databases using platforms such as Ovid, Wiley, PubMed and Google
- Purchasing articles and contacting academic authors to request copies of congress posters and oral presentations
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work
In addition to supporting the multidisciplinary division, you will also work with other teams at Costello Medical on ad-hoc tasks, further increasing the variety in the role and your understanding of the different project types delivered at Costello Medical.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A-level or an equivalent qualification in one or more scientific subjects
- A flair for detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
A degree level or equivalent qualification in a scientific discipline would be highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role will be between £24,000 and £26,000 depending on prior experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the Project Assistant role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.