About the Role
Medical Affairs provides the scientific bridge between clinical development and commercial functions in pharmaceutical and device companies. Most activities have a strong patient and/or healthcare professional (HCP) focus, and act to educate and inform clinical decision making and patient care, or to gather insights from key healthcare stakeholders that inform a product’s clinical development. This includes the delivery of educational events, activities and materials aimed at healthcare professionals, internal training content and engagement at large, international congresses.
Project Assistants in the division are responsible for a wide-range of administrative, project management and scientific tasks.
In the Medical Affairs team, scientific tasks will include:
- Coordinating the submission of scientific materials developed internally to clients’ copy-approval processes. Involving elements of quality control review, such as verification that the scientific content is factually accurate, fully referenced and compliant with industry codes of practice
- Formatting and consistency review of PowerPoint and Word documents for quality control purposes
- Collating bibliographies within large documents and preparing the reference packs for submission to clients and external agencies
- Helping the project teams to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work
- Basic content development for various project components using relevant background materials
Administrative and project management tasks will include:
- Assisting the team with planning and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration between the team and other divisions
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Scheduling and recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Coordinating logistics and providing support for events and small meeting projects
- Organising team socials and other internal collaboration activities
- Supporting colleagues with compliance requirements, such as the contract and transparency documentation essential for the engagement of health care professionals as contributors to projects
In addition to supporting the Medical Affairs team, you will also work with other teams at Costello Medical on ad-hoc tasks, further increasing the variety in the role and your understanding of the different project types delivered at Costello Medical.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A-level or an equivalent qualification in one or more scientific subjects
- A flair for detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
A degree level or equivalent qualification in a scientific discipline would be highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role will be between £24,000 and £26,000 depending on prior experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the Project Assistant role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.