About the Role
The HTA and Health Economics team at Costello Medical specialise in projects related to understanding and conveying the clinical and cost-effectiveness of new therapies. This frequently involves the preparation of dossiers and economic models for submission to health technology assessment (HTA) agencies such as the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), in order to provide evidence to support the reimbursement of new therapies for use on the NHS. Amongst other project types, the HTA and Health Economics team also prepare health economic manuscripts for journal publication and various types of economic models to support the launch and uptake of pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
As a Project Assistant in the HTA and Health Economics division you will be responsible for a wide-range of administrative, project management and scientific tasks.
Administrative and project management tasks include:
- Scheduling and recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Supporting the development of client proposals and tracking those sent and responded to
- Managing and updating databases and trackers used to monitor progress on projects
- Assisting in the production of progress reports and summaries for clients that enhance the level of client communication and customer service delivered
- Producing summary analyses for the Division Head and Project Managers to help inform decision-making
- Organising team socials and other internal activities
Scientific tasks include:
- Formatting, consistency and general quality control review of large Word documents and slidesets
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work
- Supporting the accurate referencing of developed materials, including collating references in Endnote and preparing reference packs
- Sourcing background materials to support project work
- Managing manuscript and congress abstract submissions
- Supporting with running and extracting results from economic models in Excel
- Updating internal trackers with newly published decisions/guidance from HTA agencies
- Assisting with content development for various materials using relevant background materials
In addition to supporting the HTA and Health Economics team, you will also work with other teams at Costello Medical on ad-hoc tasks, further increasing the variety in the role and your understanding of the different project types delivered at Costello Medical.
Skills and Experience Required:
- A-level or an equivalent qualification in one or more scientific subjects
- A flair for detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
A degree level or equivalent qualification in a scientific discipline would be highly desirable.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role will be between £24,000 and £26,000 depending on prior experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the Project Assistant role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.