About the Role
As a result of our ambitious growth plans, we are now seeking a full-time Project Assistant to support the Evidence Development Team with a wide range of scientific, administrative and project management tasks. This is a varied role and in a typical week your time will be divided across multiple projects in several different disease areas. You will work alongside experienced Evidence Development Team members who will provide training on the technical aspects of project delivery and, as a result, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to conduct various kinds of evidence review from searching to interpretation of results.
You will have the opportunity to apply your scientific understanding to project work for clients, on tasks including screening publications for relevance to research questions and extracting data from evidence sources for subsequent review and analysis. Alongside project work, administrative tasks will include running searches in literature databases, purchasing articles, contacting academic authors and setting up project folders and project timelines. In addition, you will have the opportunity to identify and oversee enhancements to the current project management tools and processes used by the team and to play an increasing role in project management and coordination.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Screening records for relevance to research questions and extracting data from relevant publications into Excel
- Running literature searches in electronic databases using platforms such as Ovid, Wiley, PubMed and Google
- Purchasing articles and contacting academic authors to request copies of congress posters and oral presentations
- Formatting and consistency review of large Word documents for quality control
- Collating bibliographies within large Word documents and preparing the reference packs for submission to clients and external agencies
- Recording minutes for relevant meetings and coordinating their distribution
- Assisting the team with planning, and the development of planning tools to optimise the productivity of the team and cross-collaboration with other divisions
- Helping the project team to keep abreast of the latest potentially relevant sources of information to inform their project work
The ideal candidate will be proactive, innovative and eager to take on new challenges and responsibilities with an ambition to develop the role. The Evidence Development Division are an enthusiastic and friendly team who are excited to welcome a new, important member to their midst.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A-level or an equivalent qualification in one or more scientific subjects
- A flair for detail
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to respond to conflicting deadlines, work independently and self-manage your time
- A commitment to delivering excellent customer service
- A desire and aptitude for collaborative working across project teams
A degree level or equivalent qualification in a scientific discipline would be highly desirable.
No prior experience in literature or evidence review is required but you should have a strong interest and motivation to learn more about these projects and the healthcare sector in general.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role will be between £22,000 and £26,000 depending on prior experience. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the Project Assistant role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.