About our Finance and Accounts Team
Currently based in Cambridge and Singapore, Costello Medical has ambitious plans for continued growth in the UK and internationally. To manage and upgrade our finance function as we prepare for and negotiate this expansion, we are looking for a bright and ambitious Chartered Accountant to join our Finance and Accounts Team. In a company that is developing organically without debt or external investment, careful financial management and planning sits at the heart of our growth strategy, and so you will contribute directly to this.
About the Role
This position provides the opportunity for a dynamic, hands-on Accountant with significant post-qualification experience to apply their knowledge and expertise in an SME setting and quickly implement scalable improvements to our financial processes. You will take a leadership position within the Finance Team, with responsibility to grow and develop a dedicated Finance and Accounts Team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring the timely preparation of statutory accounts and other materials such as book-keeping records, VAT returns and P11d forms
- Creating, modifying and ensuring the proper maintenance of financial planning tools
- Ensuring full and transparent financial record-keeping (both paper and electronic) throughout all group companies
- Overseeing the Sage Accounts book-keeping process
- Ultimate responsibility for payroll and accounts receivable and payable
- Management of banking facilities and their operation including credit cards
- Overseeing and assisting in the production of quarterly management accounts
- Providing advice, analysis and appropriately designed tools to assist with company-wide and divisional financial planning and decision-making
- Line management, guidance and motivation of members of the Finance Team
Our ideal candidate takes pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients and suppliers, thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys driving improvements in financial systems to keep pace with our exciting growth plans.
Essential qualities and experience:
- Appropriate financial qualification, such as CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Significant post-qualification experience
- An exceptional level of customer service and communication both internally and externally
- Ability to maintain quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands
- A high degree of written accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
- A high degree of tact, discretion and professionalism when dealing with confidential company information
- Ability to lead and motivate others
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Experience of both management and financial accounting
- Knowledge and experience of audit processes
- Experience of working in an SME operating internationally
The role includes responsibilities across both financial and management accounting, as well as audit; however, we will consider candidates with significant experience in only one area.
What We Offer
The starting salary for the role is £45,000 – £55,000. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a covering letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable.
Please note that shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a short assessment at home prior to interview.
Please contact Sophie Pearson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or application process. We regret that we do not have time to take cold calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your understanding.