What Our Biostatistician Interns Do
This position is ideal for recent graduates who are seeking to gain experience in the field of Biostatistics in a more commercial environment. You will be presented with the opportunity to apply techniques learned during your academic training to real-world problems in healthcare and medical science. You will work on projects involving data analysis and the communication of both methodologies and results in a variety of publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. You will typically be working on several projects across a variety of therapeutic areas at any one time.
Interns receive extensive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of projects and also learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Our Biostatistician Internship is 3 months full-time and will commence in September 2017. The stipend for interns is £1,200 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1). A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong mathematical ability
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Good R programming skills or knowledge of at least one similar programming language
- Excellent written English
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.