What Our Biostatistician Interns Do
This position is ideal for recent graduates who are seeking to gain experience in the field of statistics in a more commercial environment. You will be presented with the opportunity to apply techniques learned during your academic training to real-world problems in healthcare and medical science. You will work on projects involving data analysis and the communication of both methodologies and results in a variety of publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions.
You will typically be working on several projects across a variety of therapeutic areas at any one time, which could include critically appraising and interpreting complex statistical analyses, planning and performing analyses of clinical trial data or synthesising evidence using Bayesian and frequentist (network) meta-analysis techniques.
Interns receive extensive one-to-one training on the technical aspects of projects and also learn about project management and effective communication with clients.
Our Biostatistician Internship is for a duration of 3 months, with start dates falling in July and September 2018. We may also be able to consider applications for internships of 6 months. The stipend for interns is £1,200 per calendar month, and you will be entitled to statutory holiday.
What Background Should You Have?
Essential requirements for the role are:
- An undergraduate degree in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong mathematical ability
- Advanced skills in Excel
- Good R programming skills or knowledge of at least one similar programming language
- Excellent written English
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.