About the Role
The Biostatistician will be responsible for providing statistical and analytical expertise across Costello Medical, devising statistical analysis plans and performing data analysis within Excel, SAS, R and WinBUGS. The Biostatistician will also be responsible for communicating the methodologies used and the results in both written and oral formats to drug and device manufacturers, doctors and government agencies. You will be performing statistical analyses across a variety of data sources including: patient-level clinical trial data, observational study data, hospital database data, patient medical record data, survey data and other sources. The analyses will involve a range of techniques such as basic statistical analysis of individual patient data, regression analysis, survival analysis and Bayesian network meta-analysis using both standard and emerging techniques (training on methods that are unfamiliar to the successful candidate will be provided). The Biostatistician will typically be working on several projects at one time and the results of their analysis could feed into publications, value materials, health economic models or health technology assessment submissions. The Biostatistician will therefore be exposed to a wide variety of the services offered by Costello Medical and a broad range of therapeutic areas.
The successful applicant will be the first Biostatistician in our Singapore office and will be someone who shows the potential to progress rapidly and who, with close mentoring, could take on project management and client responsibility in six to twelve months. The Biostatistician will work closely with Consultants across all specialities and our statistics team in the UK, to ensure that any statistical elements of projects are completed to an exceptionally high standard, in a timely fashion and in line with client expectations. This will involve interaction with clients by teleconference, email and in person.
The role is a one-year fixed term position with the possibility of extension into a permanent role depending on the successful development of more statistical business.
Essential requirements for the role are:
- A degree level or higher qualification in a scientific or mathematical discipline (minimum 2.1) is required, although a Masters or PhD would be highly advantageous. A focus on statistics and data analysis is essential
- A good understanding of the SAS programming language and R programming language, and a willingness to trial, explore or recommend new software that may suit specific projects
- The successful applicant will have the technical and mathematical ability, coupled with the written and oral communication skills, to explain complex techniques and results to non-experts
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail is necessary, along with the ability to maintain a high level of customer service and the scientific quality of deliverables under multiple competing demands. You should possess the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
- The ability to use your initiative and work independently, in addition to working collaboratively within project teams
- Excellent written English is fundamental; this will be assessed during the selection process
Desirable requirements for the role are:
- Fluency in one or more East Asian languages (Mandarin Chinese, Japanese or Korean) is advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of CDISC, SDTM and ADaM
- Prior work experience in statistics in the healthcare industry is highly desirable, although we will consider candidates without experience in healthcare
- Experience in and/or knowledge of clinical processes, trials or hospital database analysis
- Awareness of international standards for statistical analysis, such as the ICH Statistical Principles for Clinical Trials
What We Offer
We offer a competitive starting salary depending on your prior experience and qualifications. Please click here to learn about our reward package and the other benefits of working for Costello Medical.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form. Your CV should clearly state your undergraduate degree class, grade of pass in any subsequent degree(s), level of competency (eg. grade of pass in any language examinations you have undertaken) if you possess foreign language capabilities, along with your nationality and details about your eligibility to work in Singapore. We can support employment pass applications for successful candidates.