About the Role
Are you looking to apply your finance experience to a rapidly growing company? As Accounts Assistant at Costello Medical you will play a key role in delivering a wide range of financial tasks, quickly taking on significant responsibility across the finance function. You will be encouraged to contribute to the future shape of our processes to ensure we keep pace with our growing client base and changing needs.
We would consider part-time roles for applicants who require flexibility around family or other commitments.
Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Invoicing: preparing, sending and monitoring invoices
- Credit control: contacting clients to ensure timely payment
- Expenses: assisting with the management of internal and recharged expenses
- Book-keeping using Pegasus, Opera 3 and Rapport3
- Innovating and driving improvement across financial systems
Our ideal candidate takes pride in delivering an excellent service internally to colleagues and externally to clients and suppliers, thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a fast learner and has the capacity to drive improvements in our financial systems that keep pace with our exciting growth plans.
The role includes responsibilities across both accounts receivable and payable; however, we will consider candidates with significant experience in only one area.
Essential qualities and experience:
- Practical experience working within an accounts function
- Experience of book-keeping and other aspects of financial or management accounting
- Good Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A high degree of written accuracy
- A strong commitment to continuing professional development
Desirable qualities and experience:
- Part AAT qualified
- Experience of working in an SME operating internationally
- Advanced Excel knowledge, including pivot tables and IF and VLOOKUP functions
What We Offer
- A starting salary of £23-25k, based on your qualifications and prior experience
- The opportunity to shape your own career in a small but rapidly evolving finance team, and to progress and take on significant responsibility very quickly
- Full funding and study leave for you to acquire or maintain professional qualifications
- Flexible benefits package
- 4% employer pension contributions and a salary-exchange-for-pension scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum, with the option to increase this after 6 months
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a cover letter via our online application form. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical. Your CV should clearly state dates of all qualifications and grades achieved where applicable.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the role or application process. We regret that we do not have time to take cold calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your understanding.